Wednesday, March 14, 2007

pictures, finally

Well first let me post a picture of the dishcloth I completed the other day.

Pattern: 3 Cherries cloth by Judith Prindle
Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Cream
Color: Light Blue
Needle Size: 7


I'm thinking of gifting this to my neighbor who I gave a lacy blue cloth to a few weeks back. Her kitchen is blue and they'd look nice together.

Now to go backwards in time... Sunday's post spoke about some little marble magnets DD and I crafted together. We gifted a half dozen to the hostess of the Purim party that we attended that evening. I packaged them in an Altoids gum tin. The picture really stinks, but there are two that have a rather nebulus design, one in purples and the other in oranges and one that is striped. The other three have a flower theme (think spring) One is a drawing of a bird perched on what could be a magnolia or cherry blossom tree, the next is a grouping of yellow flowers (I have some in my garden... you would think I'd know the name) and the third is a stylized purple flower with yellow center. The last one shows up best in the picture... I should get a better camera I guess...It takes great regular shots but really crappy close ups..


I also plied 225 yards of romney last night. I put it on the skein winder to measure tonight and stretch... It looks pretty good even if I say so myself. Today my 5+ pounds of Ramboullet came from the Callens farm The fleece is incredible clean.. I mean truly clean. Barely any VM in it. I was so impressed And the crimp is so fine.. I can't even begin to count it... I think about 16 per inch...I can't wait to dig into it!

I washed a couple pounds of Targhee tonight... started it last night but it's on the drying rack now..

The good news is Day 3 of knitting class went very well. Yesterday was better than the first day. I brought home less to fix. Today, I brought home little to fix and actually let most of the kids take it home with them to work on. They told me we don't have homework we need something to do.. Comments from today were: This is so much fun, I like knitting, Are you going to do this again next year?, Couldn't we have a knitting club after school, It's really relaxing and other kids that aren't involved asked me about next year as well... so I think all in all it's pretty successful and that makes me feel great! Finally teaching them something that they can see value in, because music well it's fun for them, but it's different.

2 comments:

g-girl said...

i really like the marble magnets! they're super cute. so when are you going to tell me how you did it? lol. you've created a new breed of knitters this week! good for you. :)

Lea said...

I love the magnets too... I can definitely see the flower in the last one! And I'm so glad the knitting classes are going so well.

Enjoy the Targhee! The little sample you sent me was SO squishy :-D.

Oh, and btw, one small suggestion to try with your camera? If it has a zoom, go further away and zoom in. I had the same issues with blurryness until I tried that! For some reason, the camera just didn't like being that close to the object... :-D It may not help yours, since I don't know what camera you have, but it's worth a try!

I'm dying to know how the targhee and the Ramboullet go for you!