Tuesday, March 06, 2007

the picture is revealed

Well the KAL ended today so I can post a picture
Pattern: Bunny by Judith
Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Cream
Color: Cream
Needle Size: 7


Visit Judith's blog. She has a lot of beautiful free patterns. She also runs the Fun Knitting Dishcloth KAL group which now has their own yahoo group in addition to the blog.

I finally CO mom's slippers the other night. I want to finish them as soon as I can. This is the yarn that I'm using. I joined the stitch for chicks KAL at stitchy. I was originally thinking of making the entire slipper blue and using the hot pink as the i cord edging. But I'm afraid there isn't enough blue. The yarn is Peace Fleece Bagdhad blue and Volgisippi Pink. I love the intensity of the colors.

The big project starts on Monday. Two groups of 24 students will be spending 80 minutes for 4 afternoons with me learning to knit (or knitting if they already can) I have to finish rewinding the yarn - 11+ pounds (another teacher is helping) and wax the chopsticks. We'll donate the squares or blanket to Warm Up America. I thought about giving them to firefly for her gracious parcels project, but the requirements for her squares may be more than these newly learning knitters can accomplish. I'll be posting daily regarding their project. Some of the kids are very excited. I know I am!

Last night I carded and spun a BUNCH of wool/yarn. I was going to go to bed early cuz I was falling asleep putting DD to bed but when I laid down I couldn't sleep. So I got up and carded, then found out we had a late start today because of the cold. So of course I stayed up way too late... oops!

Happy crafting

1 comment:

Lea said...

Very cute washcloth!

Wow -- 11+ lbs?!?!? Anything I can do to help? I just got a ball winder. If we could figure out a way to get to/from me, I could do a bunch in really short time. It's amazing the difference it makes. The other day, I wound a ball (440 yards of fingering) that would take me 20 min to wind by hand. It took about 2 min!