Monday, December 22, 2008

the weather outside is frightful

It's so darn cold. We had a late start this morning. Of course they didn't call until 6 AM... by that time tmrw I'll be on the road to school. Hope we don't have a late start then.

A few of my kids at school brought me gifts today. Chocolate covered pretzels sticks in a little can, chocolate cream cheese cupcakes (yummy), hot chocolate, cinnamon ornament, a snowman pin, some body lotion, a travel mug, a little game... I'll take pictures of it all tmrw and show you my goodies!

Tomorrow DS1 takes his classroom teacher gift in as does DD. DD is taking a felted lunch bag. The specifics are here but I added a button and now it looks like this:



DS is taking a wreath that I blogged about here and these mittens that I made from upcycled felted sweaters and lined with flannel

Pattern: Mittens from Warm Fuzzies by Betz White
Color: Burgundy and Pink wool
Flannel print
Recipient: Mrs. Reynolds


The burgundy part is from a men's merino placket sweater. The pink flowers I dry needlefelted on and then zigzagged around the edges with my machine. That was a 100% shetland sweater that had been attacked by moths.

The interior is a flannel print that I bought at Joann's fabrics There were ones at the Christkindlmarkt yesterday with fleece inside (my next move up) and a bit of a different design for $30.

The tree is decorated but all the cookies aren't baked and the family gifts are finished nor are ANY of the gifts wrapped... yikes.. time is running out! I actually have a few things that I need to pick up yet.

I have lots on my mind, but nothing I should be sharing with the world..... so I guess I'll just keep it to myself.

1 comment:

g-girl said...

the mittens are cool! the interior too. :)