Thanks g-girl for letting me lift this from her blog
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Actually I wrap in Christmas fabric... furoshiki. then get the fabric back for the following year! Here's a link to a downloadable .pdf to show you how to tie the cloth to wrap different objects
2. Real tree or Artificial?
A real tree. It's actually greener (better for the environment) than artificial listen to 60 second earth podcast from 12/04/08
3. When do you put up the tree?
We usually buy it the weekend after Thanksgiving, because it's the least hectic weekend for us... putting it up, that's variable.. ours is up, but bare.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Always around the Epiphany or a bit after (sometimes Martin Luther weekend)
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
two stick out, one probably because of seeing me play with it in pictures... a magic pitcher and the other was a guitar a little one, man i loved that thing
7. Hardest person to buy for?
my sister-in-laws (not you Miriam... the other 2)
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Kids, they have plenty on their list ;-)
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
yuppers a precious moment like, this set up and then a couple of carved wooden nativity scenes from Argentina
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
sadly, we usually get to neither... but this year I actually had a very cute card made up with the kids picture from vacation. We pick them up Wednesday. I can't believe it. Guess I should start working on a letter for the e-mail folks
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
a slinky teddy from VS... but the story behind it tells why it was the worst. Actually it was very nice, just not appropriate from the gifter!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
"A Charlie Brown Christmas"
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
sometimes the week after Christmas.. then I put it away and can't find it when I need it!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
sometimes, but nothing HUGE...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
See my post from December 9. Perhaps the fave is In the Bleak Midwinter, but man is that a hard choice.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel Christmas Eve but back home for Santa to come.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Of course! :)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Moravian Star of course
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
With my brothers and their families and my mom Christmas Eve, with my DH and kids (and if his family is visiting) Chrismtas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
All the stress at work for the concerts and lack of sleep.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like handmade ornaments
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
we do hor d'oeurves on Christmas eve and that is always really fun!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Really, I don't know. I asked DH and the kids to get me a mug from Starbucks that seems perfect for me
26. Lights, blinking or always on? White and always on... although now with the kids we put on some colored lights, but I prefer all white!