Tuesday, December 15, 2009

what a great day!

a picture of the Christmas tree. The 'popcorn' is made from packing peanuts.. but it looks pretty good I think. One of my chorus moms came in to help decorate it with me. I would have NEVER finished.. and we worked really well together... and the PE teacher kept her 4 YO busy... Everything save a few balls on the tree is from freecycle... the tree included... i heart freecycle!

The kids did such a nice job. I'm so proud of them. Santa came to visit as did the local TV station! Good PR for the music program. AND I had some free time late in the afternoon (don't ask me how that happened) so I got to work on my cowl. Santa even came to our program... and handed out candy canes. We had fun!

The ILs have landed.... and they're sleeping in my attic.... MIL brought me MUCHO lana crudo merino for spinning :D and my SIL painted a coffee mug for me that I absolutely LOVE! She also sent 3 very beautiful wooden shawl pics... how lucky am I. And for the DH and I she sent one of her colorized drawings that she made while she was here this time last year... I really miss her.

OK... hopefully tmrw I'll have another cowl to show you!

4 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Congrats! You made it. We finished up all the concerts we are attending, but my two oldest still have to play in 4 or 5 more yet....

g-girl said...

the tree looks great. i love that everything came from freecycle. your students learn such a valuable lesson from you being their ever present eco-conscious music teacher. :)

M.E. Greene said...

Another cowl... goody goody!

French Picnic said...

Freecycle is paradise for thrifty folks! We love it!