Sunday, December 06, 2009

the best family

I am so fortunate. Yesterday we went to the birthday party of our friends son... they are friends but I feel more like they are my siblings than merely someone I choose to spend time with. I leave part of my heart with them and they care for it as if it's their own.

Today, my cousins wife and son-in-law came with the 2 first cousin twice removed daughters, (sorry we missed you sarah and violet) to catch the vespers concert at Moravian where DH works. The girls stayed here and played with my kids... (I love having other kids over... takes so much of the heat off of me) and the we supped together on eggplant lasagna, garlic bread, salad and brownies.... sharing great conversation and company. You would think that we saw them regularly (we don't trust me... Cate lives in Nevada) because we don't skip a beat and I really do love her so much!

I feel very very lucky today.... indeed!

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Wow, it sounds wonderful. I have no siblings, so I think of my friends as my family as well!

Maiden Jane said...

It's wonderful to have family and friends. We had our first party of the season at our next door neighbor's house this weekend. They are just like family - like parent, to us!

M.E. Greene said...

Family is such a blessing! Sounds like you are very fortunate. :)

French Picnic said...

Have a PEAR-fect day!

g-girl said...

when you've got a person in your life with whom things are just easy regardless of the last time you spoke/saw each other, consider yourself lucky. :)