Sunday, August 17, 2008

it's nice to know

that I own 7 out of the 10 top ten knitting tools (according to knitpicks)

  • ball winder
  • umbrella swift
  • view sizer
  • WPI tool and knit card
  • sweater wizard - nope and prolly won't need it for quite some time
  • Chart keeper - may be something that comes in handy once I learn to read charts
  • circular knitting needle size ID tags
  • Kookaburra Woolwash - i have woolwash, but not kookaburra, and will most likely make my own next time with Dr. Bronner's lavendar castille soap and some lanolin and maybe a bit more lavendar EO
  • Knitting Row Counter Plus - I have one but not the PLUS...
  • Lace BLocking Wires


I knocked this out today

4.5 oz of Targhee that spun (on Louise, my Louët S10) into about 252 yards of worsted weight singles. I've been wanting to spin fatter so this was a good go, although it was made a bit tougher by some less than wonderful roving. Still debating about overdying half of it then plying to a really bulky weight 125 yards... have to sleep on it.

How about that Phelps? He needs to find some words though I'm tired of hearing that he's speechless. Mark Spitz was so eloquent last night during the interview. The man looks good for being in his what early 60s.....

And Bolt from Jamaica really lived up to his nickname of lightning.. man I wonder how fast he would have been if he wasn't coasting the last 10 meters or so?

Dana, well she's one amazing woman. And that's all I'm gonna say about the olympics except that it was a good night watching!

Ok.. back to knitting now

1 comment:

g-girl said...

hey, i only own three of the things on that top 10 list! :( what kind of knitter am I! lol.