Monday, August 11, 2008

good in-service

isn't that an oxymoron? I learned about some great sites.

  • animoto which allows you to make a short slide show set to music from pictures that you choose. It reminds me of a powerpoint but on a simpler scale

  • stained glass collage. You guess it. You can make a stained glass rectangle of photos that you choose to put in. I made this from our vacation (most the pictures will be familiar if you read my blog)



  • quizlet that you can make flash cards and a couple of games with the information that you input

These three are free and useful.

There was another site which charges a fee but is really great for educators (there is a 30 day free trial, though) It's called quia You can search for other peoples stuff or make up your own, into games like battleship, jeopardy, millionaire, etc (with different names) and the typical test type stuff like fill in the blank, matching, multiple choice, true or false.

I think this was the first in-service day in a long time that the time actually flew!
AND I got to knit and spin :-)

Stopped at my room in the old school and started to trim out... boy is pegboard a pain to paint. I wonder what posessed them to think it would soundproof the room. Anyway, it's gonna take at least 2 coats to cover that garish green.

1 comment:

g-girl said...

ack, you're already in the midst of your in-service??? oh wait, you end school earlier than I do. ours starts next week. :P