Sunday, December 23, 2007

FOs and Merry Christmas

well the most important first... merry merry Christmas. Take a moment to reflect on what promises the birth of Jesus holds in store for all of us!


and here are some recently finished gifts!

Pattern: Utopia by smariek
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted
Color: Charcoal grey
Amount used: less than 1 skein
Needles: US 8 16" Addi turbos


I adapted this pattern after reading on ravelry that it ran small... I lenghthened the ribbing at the bottom from 1/2" to 2" If I ever make it again, instead of doing that, I'll add an extra cabeling in both the bottom and top. Other than that it's a quick fun knit... doesn't require too much attention and took me less than 1 day to knit (and that was hardly concentrated knitting) These are to go with the mittens I gave Dave last year at Christmas

Also finished are:

Pattern: Peekaboo mittens by Megan at pensive frog
Yarn: Mauch Chunky by Kraemer yarns
Colors: Main color = Buttercup, cuff handpainted by me
Needles: US7 dpns


These were made to go with a hat I gifted to Andrea last year at Christmas.

I have a cabled headband that is drying in a towel and needs to be seamed together and at least 2 cloths to make, not to mention the Christmas wrapping. Mind you we exchange gifts Christmas Eve... so mom's present will not be complete I'm afraid. I'll wrap it OTN.... sorry mom!

Off to bake some cookies for Santa. Thank goodness it's a full moon tonight. I'll be up all night!

No comments: