Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Yarn Eye Candy


I went to ACMoore today to buy the boys a train for their Thomas set. Of course, I had to see what yarn was there. They are selling out of the Araucania (sp?) wool from Peru. I don't know if they're discontinuing or what.. but the wool and cotton from that company were drastically reduced so I bought 4 skeins of pink and 1 of a purple (upper left on picture). They had greens and oranges left. I thought about the cotton but decided that I can get Tahki or Plymouth Fantasy for about the same price at regular price as that sale price was.

Then on the way out I saw the sale bins... oh oh! They had these 50g balls of Cashmere Luxury in Aran weight and Chunky weight for $2.70 Now granted, it looks a mess, but I brought it home and rewound it on my skein winder... and it's much better now :-) It's a merino, cashmere blend and so very soft. I have lots to last me in green, a bout 5 skeins in burgundy, and one in blue and one in purple (which looks blue in the picture)

Then I found a $1.80 skein of Red Hart Felting yarn. I thought I'd make DD a little purse from this. She loves the colors too! When I was at Christkindlmarkt, I was speaking with a very nice lady spinner/knitter/felter who told me about the red heart felting yarn and well it felts so I figured.. why not!

I wish I could say the tie is finished or the heart dishcloth I'm working on, but they're not. I'll finish the cloth tonight before I hit the hay if it kills me!

I also washed some of the Lincoln Longwool fiber tonight. I'm anxious to see how it spins up because there color variation is so wide between beige, grey and brown... I think it will be a very pretty wool!

I was also going to dye some of Fuzzy's roving tonight, but that will have to wait until tmrw. I have plans for the stuff that had blue in it (which didn't all wash out) and I think it could prove to be really pretty in the end. That is if it works out the way my mind envisions it.

Happy crafting

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm jealous that you were able to come away with so much great yarn from A.C. Moore. I really wanted to get some of the Cashmere Luxury yarn but it was already gone. (I made everyone scarves with it last Christmas and was planning to do matching hats for this coming Christmas.)