Sunday, October 29, 2006

DIET

I am officially on a self-imposed yarn diet. I was going through the cotton stash and realized, holy mackeral, I have a lot of yarn here. I won't even mention the wool stash. It's obscene! I think the next step is to inventory everything and make a list to hang on the yarn room door (there are other things there as well don't worry...) And mark off when I remove a skein or two for a project. I know I have lots of it earmarked for things to make but, really, I MAY NOT buy anymore until the stash has a serious reduction!

I finished the longies today. They're soaking in the lanolin bath as I type. But before they went in, I snapped this picture of them. As I said before, they're recycled from what I believe was an Old Navy sweater. I very carefully removed the sleeves.


Now I have the body left to frog for yarn. It's a shame that there is one small hole in the front. Otherwise it would make a great vest! You can't see the hole in the picture... oo wait, maybe I could darn it really well with the leftover yarn I frogged from the sleeves. Hmmmmm, I think I'll try that first. Oops, just found 2 more holes. Plus there's not enough yarn to pick up the stitches around the armholes and do ribbing to finish them. Better off just frogging it, washing the yarn and using it for something else. I sleep on it (I'm sure quite a few days)

Now to plan the rest of the Christmas gifts. I found a pattern for the cutest knitted tea set from Interweave Summer 2004 issue. I think I'll whip it up for my cousin's granddaughters. It makes me want to play tea party.

Happy crafting

2 comments:

Becka said...

Love your longies!
I saw that teaset, I bet it's the same one, the one I saw is designed by Annie Modesitt and it's fiestaware..I love fiestaware!

hakucho said...

You are one ambitious lady...recycling yarn. Good for you! It's a wonderful thing to be able to do, but I don't think I'm up for that one ;) I'll have to check back and see what you do with the frogged yarn....

Happy knitting :)