Saturday, October 21, 2006

Spinning....round and round

Last night I went to P's house, taking along my chickie masla roving. P has a few spinning wheels and she's teaching a few of us how to spin. It's a bit harder than I expected, although I should not have been surprised considering how coordinated I am (ha, ha) I could only stay a little over an hour so I didn't spin the whole lot. It'll have to wait until the next time. But now I'm getting the spinning bug... watch out.

On the knitting front, the ballet sweater is being sewn up now. Unfortunately DD's ballet class was this morning. She had to wear a regular sweater. I could have finished it last night (well OK... early this AM) but DS2 hasn't been feeling up to snuff. As a result his cough wakes him up, then he cries because he just keeps coughing. Poor guy. So of course when a baby (OK not a baby, he's 2. But he'll always be MY baby) doesn't feel well, he wants mama to hold him. Ever try to knit while holding/nursing a 2 year old in the wee hours of the morning. Not to mention the fact that he hates the feeling of yarn draped across his body. So it should be finished by evening, which is still less than one week from cast on. Not bad considering I'm not even home for about 50 hours a week and have 3 kids 6 and under.

We're off to the pumpkin patch to pick out the victim for the jack-o-lantern. I'll be back to post pictures later.

No comments: