Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The treadmill

Today it felt like I was on one... all day. We started out late for school/work. I did manage to get there on time but without my lunch and I left the wet bag for DS2's diapers at home along with his cloth wipes. I forgot that I had scheduled a chorus sectional rehearsal during my free period which I had planned on making up my order to spend the rest of my budget... guess I can squeeze that in before my first class arrives. Today (day 4.. don't ask, the reasoning isn't worth it) is the day that I teach both of my little Guatamalan friends. They're too darn cute, but don't understand enough English to know what's going on im music (after all it is an AURAL art) so I have 2 bi-lingual classes to teach. I wish I was more bi-lingual! I had 5 extra minutes at lunch and I pulled out the bag for my nephews computer cozy that I had been working on during the computer class yesterday only to find out that about 3 rows after picking up the stitches to start knitting in the round, I somehow did an increase... ARGH!!! so I frogged back (the third time it's been frogged now) probably about 8 inches... guess it won't be finished tonight after all.

Seeing my chillin's at the end of the day made everything feel better.

And now for another look inside me…
You Are Indigo

Of all the shades of blue, you are the most funky, unique, and independent.
Expressing yourself and taking a leap of faith has always been easy for you.


Well on the positive knitting side. The dishcloth fun KAL is finished and I have pictures to post!

Looking straight at the cloth... DD says it looks like a strange bumblebee!


Looking at an angle. Do you see what I see?
Could it really be?
Yup it's.....
candy corn!
Pattern: Knitting Knonsense
Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Cream, Black, Yellow, Hot Orange and White
Needle Size: 7


Personally I don't like to eat the stuff. The kids of course love it cuz it's pure sugar. Last year DD won a big container of it last year at her school's fall festival. You had to guess how many pieces were in the Jack-o-lantern jar and she came the closest! I tried to convince her that the noblest thing to do was to take it to school and share with her class. Her sweet tooth won. It stayed home, but between her and her brothers, it didn't last past mid December!

I really need to get some work done! Happy crafting everyone.

1 comment:

g-girl said...

you did an awesome job with your candy corn illusion cloth!! I think I need to start using smaller needles because mine all seem to feel too big and the stitches are loose.