Sunday, October 15, 2006

Too many projects....

and not enough time. Why are there only 24 hours in a day? I could easily fill 30 and still only sleep less than 5!

The MacBook cozy I CO for my nephew on Sunday has now been ripped out 3 times. The last time was the worst by far. I had taken it to our in-service day to work on while I listened to instructions about a computer program called Performance Tracker. I had finished almost 9 inches of the body. When I took it out the next day at lunch to work on it, I noticed that long about the 3rd row above where the stitches had been picked up I inadvertantly increased one stitch... poo! so I ripped back and started over from there. This is what I have done now. I didn't get to knit again until this morning while DD was at dance (well technically yesterday AM, but who's counting?)

It's knit on a 10.5 circular now and is recycled wool from a sweater I got at the Boutique at the rink back in June. Nifty thrifty! ;-)

When it's finished I'll needle felt his initials in orange. He works for the Geek Squad and I thought about doing the whole geek squad symbol, but then rethought it... so I designed a cool logo for his initials. And what will I use to needle felt those initials? Well it just so happens that today in the mail, I received my last ebay purchase.

24- 4 oz bundles of Peace Fleece roving. MM MM MM.. Look at all those yummo colors. It was an incredible price and I love Peace Fleece yarn, wonderful cause to boot. So I thought between needle felting and hoping to learn to spin, I couldn't pass it up. Along with that came 2 kits for the kids to make felted balls, 2 kits for them to make felted balls that look like the planet earth, 1 kit to make felted snowmen, 1 kit to make pot holders (all of which you can find here just keep scrolling down) and 3 kits to make a Mid East shopping bag crocheted from rug yarn (scroll all the way to the bottom for this kit). The yarn in the shopping bag kits is blue...actually the color called Bagdhad Blue. We're just learning to crochet in this house so that could be very fun to do when my MIL comes up to visit. We 3 girls can crochet together (she already knows how to!)

DD and I also went to Michaels today to use a 50% off coupon they e-mailed me. I bought the Mason Dixon knitting book. I've been eyeing it for quite some time now. Just what I need more ideas for projects.

Well now that the colder weather is upon us, I have lots to catch up on in knitting. It was 32° F on my way to work Friday morning. DS2 needs more longies and DD needs a ballet sweater for class cuz the building she takes lessons in is very old and she's there first thing in the morning, so it's not too warm. I decided to use the Lion Brand Ballet-Style Sweater pattern but in a different yarn. I measured her then did a gauge swatch and lo and behold found that I could use the pattern with some quick calculations on my part. That made me really happy. There's a cute pattern on Maggie's Rags but I was too impatient to wait for snail mail to deliver the pattern from a store I found on-line that carried it. I want her to have it next Saturday, so I need to start it yesterday, if you know what I mean. I'm using JoAnn yarn called Sensations Bellezza collection Tesoro 100% wool. It's light pink (her choice) and VERY soft. Fortunately, we bought it a while back on sale at less than $3.50 per skein.

I have a pair of longies that I'm making from a recycled Old Navy sweater (the arms) for DS2. They're in army green. It will be his 3rd pair in this exact color. He has another pair in a forest green that were originally a beautiful merino mens sweater from JCrew. Another Boutique at the Rink purchase! The pair in progress still has a bit of work to do on it. I think it will be put on the back burner until the ballet sweater gets finished though.

Well having said all that, the mid-month KAL in the monthly dishcloth KAL group starts Monday... and Michaels yarn sale starts Sunday (technically today!) My needles should be burning up! Wish me luck and happy knitting!

4 comments:

Becka said...

Thanks for coming by my blog! I didn't know my cloth was chosen for a kal! I'm so honored! I would love to have a pic when you are done, I want to start a knitters gallery on my blog.
OH, I so wish I was knitting when my daughter was young and dancing! LOL, she's still dancing, guess I could just make her an adult ballet sweater!

CraftyCarole said...

I decided I'm going to try to do all 3 patterns, each in a different color! I'll send you pics. Hot pink, hot orange and hot purple… fun colors for a fun cloth!

The Lion Brand pattern I'm using is actually for adults but with chunky yarn. Sirdar has one and I saw another pattern on ebay (was in England) that was for mother and daughter. Make her one, she'll love it!

I admire you designers... maybe in my next life!
Happy knitting and designing!

Anne Coleman said...

You know...you were NOT allowed to start a blog without telling me!

Consider yourself blogrolled dear :O)

CraftyCarole said...

hehee Anne. I meant to mention it on Sunday, but we were too busy talking about important stuff. This blog is NOTHING compared to yours... maybe someday I'll make it into a real blog!