Monday, October 09, 2006

Lost post?

I thought I had posted late in the week last week, but somehow it never got on the blog!
Well it's been very busy around here with a birthday party and a family reunion both over the weekend. Phew, I need a day off from all the excitement!

On a knitting note, I finished the Monthly Dishcloth KAL and mine just didn't look right. No wonder, it wasn't. I think I skipped a row on day 3. That's what I get for trying to do it at work during lunch when all the other special area teachers are together yakking. So I redid it on Friday night/Sat AM (while waiting for DD at dance). It still needs to be blocked but here's how it turned out!



Knitpicks Shine - Black
60% pima cotton 40% modal
Needle size 6 (4.25 mm)

What I particularly like about this cloth is that you can see the design equally well from both sides. This yarn is incredibly softI think I'll include this in my niece's Christmas package. Her dishes are purple, black and white. So this will be great! Plus they have a cat. I'll post the rest of her gift later. I'm sure she won't be reading my blog.

I also finally got a picture of the cloth I made for DS2 for Christmas. The boy loves ANYTHING with wheels. This yarn is so soft, it feels like cotton chenille. Which I think will make a great bath cloth. The only problem is that loopiness makes the design almost imperceptible. It's actually harder to see the design IRL, but it's a train.

KnitPicks Crayon - light blue
100% Cotton
Needle Size 7 (4.5mm)

On Thursday my package from Joann.com came. I had ordered size 11 DPNs, so that I could start his MacBook cozy. Which I started 3 times. Yes that means I frogged it twice. However, today I worked on it during our teacher in-service. So I have a good chunk of it started and it's large enough now to do with my circular and the magic loop technique :-) I much prefer that to knitting with 5 DPNs. I'll post a picture of the progress after I take one.
This project makes me feel old... picking up black stitches with fuzzy doubled worsted weight.

Along in the same package came some Patons SWS. I had half price coupons so I thought I'd try this yarn that I've been hearing so much about out. I've heard it felts very well. Oh what should I use it for????

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I recently bought some and I love the Patons SWS. It is so soft to knit with. I used mine to felt with. Pictures are on my blog. You are going to love it!