Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hug your children

and tell them how much you love them! All day my heart was breaking for those Amish mothers who lost their children in the horrible massacre in Lancaster County. I can't even imagine how they must be feeling. And the worry for those moms of the 5 girls who are still in the hospitals in critical and serious condition. Perhaps the most shocking part is that such violence was handed to such a pacifist community. My DH told me that he heard a news report quoting one of the mothers of a murdered girl that she has to forgive the killer. If she didn't she would go crazy! And my thoughts also go to the wife and children of the perpetrator. Not only are they suffering loss of a husband and father, but the inevitable ostracism that his acts will incur for them. What a world we live in today. Sometimes it's all I can do to not cry!

The bright part of my day was a package that came from a wool coop that I joined for merino wool from Uruguay. This is by far, the softest wool I have ever felt. So feast your eyes on this eye candy. The colors aren't always true to the computer screen and I particularly found this to be the case with this batch

This colorway is called Samba and I really like it, but the sample photo that I saw before ordering showed a bit more blue and less yellow, which of course I prefered, but that's what happens when you buy not IRL.


This colorway is Aquisgran. This one was really a surprise. Again more yellow than I had expected. But it's a happy color at least!

These next two are VERY similar. More so than I expected. Winter Joy and Pacifico. Winter Joy is the picture on the left, which has more brown in it.
Pacifico, on the right, has more greys in the colorway. Both will look great on both my DS. I think I'll use Winter Joy for DS1 as he has the biggest brown eyes on the face of the planet. I melt when I look into those eyes. Pacifico will match DS2's eyes better... for they truly are like looking into a deep ocean of blue.


And the one that is for ME..... (drum roll please) otoƱo fantasia.
This is exactly as I expected and I really love the colorway. There are 8 100g skeins of this delicacy and I think it's calling the name of some type of soft yummy sweater! Looking on are DDs lambies. She received this as a birthday gift last year from a classmate. With the Eric Carle book, the Lamb and the Butterfly. For show and tell this year they had to take in something with the short a sound in the middle, she wanted to take in a stuffed cat, but I convinced her that her lambs would be unique and fun. Plus she got to share who gave it to her and made her classmate's day!

I feel so blessed to have 3 healthy, happy, intelligent children and a wonderful DH to share my life journey with. I pray that my peace could be shared with others and that I could in some way make a difference in their lives to ease discomfort of either body or soul. Life is far too short to not touch each other in the best way that we can.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

LG said...

Hi Carole! I`ve just read your comment at Dishcloth Fun Kal, and I came to visit your blog. What a wonderful yarn shopping you did!
Keep in touch!

stitching pooh said...

Wow I'm jelious what pretty yarns. But your cloths turned out pretty wasn't that little cat fun. I did mine in white. No orange out here in the boonies. Gotta get :)

Anonymous said...

Your closing comments are so nice. Gives me some hope for peace for my son and myself. Thank you. Can't wait to see your finished products.