Friday, May 04, 2007

THE squares


All 49 of them. I have the horizontal strips sewn. Which means that throughout the rest of the weekend, those rows need to be sewn together... I know I can do it, but I rather be knitting and my thumb is getting sore WAH, WAH.....

But the kiddos at school are so excited to see how it's coming together. It will be on display for about a week at the school, then we'll pack it up and send it to Warm Up America Hopefully next year, the kids will take a bit more ownership and I'll have less to do knitting wise. But it's a great project of love and it does my heart good :-)

happy crafting

3 comments:

hakucho said...

Good luck sewing all those squares together...not my cup of tea...but I'm sure the resulting blanket will be gorgeous :)

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

hey carole!
i know this has nothing to do with knitting but i was wondering whats that good spot to get the dyes for tie dying? i was trying to find it on here somewhere. by the way i this it is super awesome that you're putting the blanket up for the art show (i'm gonna try to be there)

peace :)
natalie

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to see the finished product. Congrats on all the hard work!