Friday, November 17, 2006

Slacking off

I haven't been up to much knitting. The kids have been sick. But I have worked on the convertible mitten (only 1 so far) an the necktie that wants to be a sock! (lol) I finished one of the cloths for DD to give as a gift (though not perfect)

Sugar n Cream White
needle size: 5 mm
Pattern: Knitwits Heaven Snow Crystal 1

I would change a few things about the pattern. This time when I'm making it, I'm reducing the number of rows between the border and the start of the pattern and I'm also reducing the needles size. The pattern calls for Bernat Handicrafter yarn so I don't know if perhaps it's a heavier weight yarn or not. But at any rate, I like a tighter cloth, so it's an easy fix.

And the Dishcloth fun KAL aka Gary the Gobbler

Sugar n Cream Jute
needle size: 7
Pattern: Rhonda White


Here's a picture of the progress of the convertible mitten. I've decided that I'll never make gloves... unless I really love that person. (That would be for you honey!)
The tricky part for me right now is knitting the mitten part. I picked up the stitches and cast on the rest, but noticed when I started the ribbing that the pattern calls for that I was knitting it inside out, but unintentionally. So I ripped everything out and tomorrow while DD is at dance, I'll start again!






The MacBook Cozy has finished felting and is awaiting the needle felting of my nephews initials in BRIGHT orange roving from Peace Fleece I really love that stuff... the yarn, the roving, the idea behind it all. Gives me warm fuzzy feelings to use it too!. I'll post another picture when it's complete with all the details.

OK... off to knit. I'm way behind on my dishcloth KALs (like 3 behind already ...ooops) hopefully I'll do some catching up this weekend.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Very nice, Crafty Carole!
I'm knitting a turkey from last year's KAL. I need to make another one to take to dinner Thursday! YIKES!

g-girl said...

I've been thinking about doing a convertible mitten myself. I don't think I could do gloves but it's also laziness! ha. the macbook cozy looks good-can't want to see the initials. :)

CraftyCarole said...

I'm having troubles with the convertible part.... I thougth I was doing it wrong, so I frogged (twice) and did it the opposite way, but now I think that I was right in the beginning... ARGH!