Sunday, November 19, 2006

Falling Off the Wagon

I've done it... bought more yarn. I couldn't resist the price from an ebay auction. I bought 8 skeins of WW and 4 skeins of sport weight Peace Fleece for $45 including shipping. Of course, I shouldn't be celebrating yet, the seller forgot to include one of the skeins of the WW
Colors Left to Right are: WW - Glastnost Gold, Zarya Fog, Buffalo Brownski, Grassroots and on the bottom the SW- Sakhalin Salmon. MIssing is 1 skein of Moldova Burgundy. I'm still waiting to hear back from the seller.


I've been busy working on dish-face cloths for gifts et al. While waiting for DD at her dance class yesterday, I finished another snowflake cloth for one of the many of DDs teachers (I need to make 10 total) I started a couple of KAL cloths, but find myself falling behind. After dance (and the obligatory lunch with one of her friends), we walked around downtown because many of the stores were participating in the 12 Days of Christmas. There were 12 drummers drumming outside the Hotel Bethlehem, 11 pipers piping in front of Donegal Square, 3 hens outside Tortilla Flat, 9 ladies dancing in front of the Ballet Guild - where dd studies, 8 (well really only 1) maids a milking a real cow at the Heavenly Hedgehog Ice Cream store. They were giving out got mild stickers, tablets and bracelets and little cow erasers. DD LOVED that. Thank you Barbara! Other stores had the decorations in their window fronts, but no live fowl or persons. It was bustling and lots of fun. The weather was cooperating in the Christmasy feeling as well. No snow, but cold and damp. Then we were treated to a ride on a bicycle carraige back to our car. We have a fun time out!

While we were out, I stopped at my LYS to ask a question about the mittens. The answer didn't really help, but I figured it out myself last night. It wound up looking like this, which looks OK, but will never fit! The mitten part is even too short on me, so even though I'm very happy with my kitchener closing (not called for in the pattern, but I thought would look nicer than just cinching the 10 stitches together) I decided to rip the whole thing back and redo the mitten part. I'm going to have to trust my instincts since I have no numbers as to the length that I need.

I made the thumb larger than the pattern as well... Made it a bit too long for my own thumb. I think it should be the perfect length for DB

As you can see here, the mitt part long enough for the length of the thumb. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight.. then of course I have the other one to do. I think mittens should have their own syndrome like 2nd sock syndrome LOL

I also purchased something else, but I'll wait until the whole load comes in.... you know me the bargain shipper that can't resist a bargain.

I bought 10 inch bamboo dpns from ebay as well. 12 sets in sizes from 2.25mm to 10 mm. I'm thrilled cuz I can put a bead on the ends if I want to use them as straights and the longer size is better for the cloths. :-)

I'm a happy yarnaholic at least

No comments: