Saturday, November 04, 2006

Showing off previous FOs

I decided that since I don't want to upload pictures to DHs computer I'd transfer a few photos of some FOs that I have finished already for Christmas here. I won't post who they are for, just in case, but I'll give you the details of how they were made.


This is the Wavy scarf from Knitty.com I changed the color to a more gender neutral one. And I shortened the length up a bit to make it less bulky under a coat.
Lamb's Pride by Brown Sheep Co
Sandy Heather
just shy of 2 skeins
size 7 needles









This wine cozy is also from knitty.com.
I used an unknown branded wool bought from eBay. It was light worsted weight so I double stranded
The woman selling the wool had a lot of green colors and I thought hmmm felting. From which I also made 2 purses, the
Sophie Bag, which can be seen here and this is my own version of Suki for my SIL. It's shorter than the original pattern, uses no novelty yarn and has only one handle so it can be worn across the chest or over the shoulder. SIL had very specific desires and I wanted it to be exactly the way she wanted it. Fortunately, she loves it. :-)
And the last one (until my charger comes)

Little Turtle Knits felted slippers.
Peace Fleece Georgian Rose and Mir-Atlantis Periwinkle
My gauge was dead on, but the slippers run small in length and wide. I'll need to gift them to someone other than for whom they were intended.

No comments: