Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ten on tuesday

10 Inventions That Have Made Life Easier

1. Computer
2. Midi keyboard - these for me are coupled together
3. Microwave
4. Cell phone and blue tooth
5. Cordless/speaker phone - pairs with the above as well
6. Self defrosting freezer/self cleaning oven
7. Digital Camera - wish I had a good one again
8. TIVO - not that I have it, but maybe I'd watch my favorite shows if I did
9. tilt-in windows -for the rare times I wash them!
10. weed whacker - no more blisters from the hand trimmer :-)


I'm on the handle of the Squatty Sidekick. I should not knit late at night. I spend more time frogging than knitting.

Today I stopped at the Salvation Army thrift store in Quakertown on my way home from my cousins funeral. I picked up a black sleeveless dress that is 55% linen and 45% rayon for $5. It's really long (which is a good thing) because after I got home and was showing my MIL, I noticed a hole in the back. I'll cut it and make a sleeveless tank and a skirt (or some such thing).

I also got this Cashmere sweater for $3 to frog and recycle the yarn. It's a Laura Ashley ladies size 8 so it would NEVER fit me... even when I was skinny. The side with the buttonholes I won't frog, but perhaps felt and cut to make a baby lovey. The rest I may dye, although I don't find the color obnoxious.. it's kind of a caucasian flesh tone.

The last purchase was a brand new 100% cotton white blouse for $4. I bought a white skirt not too long ago and this will really look nice with it.

There was no yarn nor needles to be had, but I think I fared well.

Off to pick up DD at her friend's house while DH takes DS1 to gymnastics.

No comments: