Thursday, June 05, 2008

flower friday

except today is thursday... oh well, wishful thinking to bring on the weekend.
I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden.....do you remember that song from the 70's, sung by Lynn Anderson? It was a 2 grammy winner in '71, one for Anderson and one for writer Joe South. Anyway, it popped in my head as I was snapping pictures in my garden. The roses are particularly pretty this year.
















I'm sad that I didn't get some taken of my favorite before DH cut it back. The petals are deep red on the interior and white on the exterior. It's a very thorny stem and near the back door. Always makes me a bit nervous with the kids around.













This is one that was one of the first things that caught my eye May of 1999, when we first looked at this house. It's a very tall plant and the root ball is loosening.





This bush is saving itself... When I stand at my kitchen doing dishes and look out the window, this is what I see. It's a beautiful deep peach color. I love this bush. And it's right next to the lilac. How pretty it would be if they bloomed at the same time!




My neighbor gets to appreciate this bush that climbs up the side of my house. If it's not trimmed well it bites you when you walk past. I try to let it sneak in a wide path though so I can see it from the kitchen window as well.


Lest you think there are only roses, I leave you with a beautiful iris. I really love these giant Dutch iris. And another of my favorite flowers. These can talk to you. The ones I have now are volunteers.






One year I planted about 10 snapdragon plants and I've had them every year since. I really love them even though I pulled many out last summer. They had overtaken the yard like weeds. Always need to have some in the garden though :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Arlene,
Puyallup flowers

g-girl said...

beautiful!