Sunday, June 22, 2008

las medias

here they are, long awaited and returned, together finally.... and some happy feet as well.

Pattern: George's Socks by PiaCusick
Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Stretch
Color: 61 Olive Green
Needle: US2 KnitPicks Harmony sock needles




and lizard ridge block 11 that has been done for a long time now


Mom called yesterday to tell me that my cousin Kim succumbed to ovarian cancer... that C word seems rampant lately, or maybe I'm more sensitized to it. A friend just had a lumpectomy to removed a tumor in her breast this past week as well.

I forgot to mention that I cut my hair. I was under the misconception that locks of love didn't accept dyed hair. Otherwise I may have gone a couple more inches to donate it. Well there's always next year. As you can see there isn't much purple left in it now anyway...it's barely noticeable and when you can see it, it's more blue than purple!

2 comments:

hakucho said...

Very happy feet! The socks look great :)
Sorry about your cousin and friend. They both will be in my prayers.

Love your haircut. It's good to have a change now and then...good for your spirits :)

happy knitting :)

g-girl said...

sorry to hear about your cousin, Kim. I didn't know locks of love don't care if your hair is dyed. that's good to know!