Sunday, September 30, 2007

catchin' up

Lest anyone think I've been up to nothing (or no good) I thought I'd post some pics of WIPs


The recent Lizard Ridge block in color 148 lot A


I was up in the air about what scarf to make my pop for Chrismtas this year. At first I thought something with a cable to match the hat I made him last year, but I don't have enough of that particular colorway so I opted for something that would compliment instead. It came down to a choice between Grumperina's Shifting Sands scarf and the My So Called Scarf. The latter won out (it fits wiith the 100purewool that I wanted to use better) I really love this pattern, it's a brainless knit. I was going to use chocolate fantasia, but opted for aquisgran instead. This stitch pattern really uses the varigation to it's advantage. I think it would make a great dishcloth pattern too :-) At any rate, I wanted something cozy and soft for him. He's so sensitive to wool. (If you don't recall, I lined knitty's coronet with fleece for him last Christmas)

i did some spinning last night as well. I'd like to finish the Targhee, but the entire fleece isn't ready (still flicking and carding to go) I have 2 or 3 more fleeces to wash (let's not talk about how many need to be carded. And I just 'won' 1 pound of white BFL top off ebay. I'm going to start dyeing the top that I have before I spin it to see if I can make a more interesting yarn. I've been loving what jared has been spinning with roving (check out 8.24.07 entry) from spunky eclectic.

In yarn acquisition show offs Both of these are from ebay:
4 skeins of malabrigo in an olive green color. I see some manly gifts from this... maybe has, mittens and a scarf?

And 3 skeins of Noro, one of which I'll use for Lizard Ridge and the other two????

Slowly but surely, the stash is being put up on ravelry.. it's almost sinful... OK it is sinful. I've started to queue projects, my books are up and my FOs are getting there. Hopefully before too long I'll be caught up so I can play (and knit) more!

No comments: