Monday, September 17, 2007

socks 2

Well I finished the second pair of socks Saturday evening.

Pattern: Yarn Harlot's Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules
Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta
Color: 6669 Fair Isle
Needles: US2 DPNS


Note to self: when using self patterning fair isle yarn, DO NOT do ribbing... it loses all the effect. At least the toe and the bottom of the foot look good! At least they're comfy and I do like the colors.

I've been putting my stuff into ravelry and looking at other people's which has been sucking up computer time like crazy. That site is completely amazing though. I really do *heart* ravelry

I have a picture of my poncho that I took for ravelry. It's nowhere near finished, but almost halfway. It will eventually be a long rectangle that I'll sew the one end to the opposite side. Clear as mud? Then hopefully pick up stitches around the neck to make a mock turtle. That's my plan at least. Remember, I'm making this one up as I go.

DD and I were home sick today... fever and aches... nothing serious, but enough to put a damper on work. I kept DS2 home from daycare as well. I got a burst of energy at about 12:30 and made banana muffins and dyed up some laceweight wool....then I petered out. Thankfully DH went to collect DS1 from school.

Oh and the mailman has been very good to me of late :-) My love2knit dishcloth exchange package came today. Opening day is the 15th so you'll see it then. Also got some yummy wool that I bought from ebay.

I'll post pics of the wool and muffins tmrw. I'm packing lunches, cleaning up the kitchen and going to bed.

happy crafting

1 comment:

Becka said...

Love your socks and the poncho...GORGEOUS! I understand what you mean about putting it together!
You have been tagged by 8 Things About Me! Lis got me and I'm spreading the love!