Tuesday, September 18, 2007

just a bit

before bed.

I had to take pictures of the muffins from yesterday before they were all gone. DS2 first complained about the 'rocks' on top, but now it seems he can't eat enough! Kids are so funny. They are really tasty though, I have to say. Here's the recipe:

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

• 5 bananas, mashed
• 3/4 cup organic sugar
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/3 cup oil (I used vegetable, but you could use safflower or corn)

• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers or use those nifty silicone trays.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven), until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.


The wool I dyed yesterday is dry. So I took the opportunity of being awake and feeling a bit better to wind it into cakes. I'm calling this colorway "berries in the snow" I think it will make a beautiful shawl for mom. I'm between the clapotis and spunky eclectic's show your colors... guess I better decide since it's on the to do list for a Christmas gift.

I'll take pics of the other goodies I got later (maybe tmrw) since I should try to get *some* sleep tonight.

Happy crafting

3 comments:

sarahspins said...

Wow, those muffins look really good - makes me wish my oven was working! :)

g-girl said...

thanks for the muffins recipe. I'll have to try it out soon. :) your hand-dyed is pretty!

Ursula said...

Oh my goodness - that recipe looks delicious! I need more bananas to go brown lol. Great color on the dyed yarn!