Sunday, September 23, 2007

how many pointy sticks

does it take a knitter to make gloves?


well this one uses too many. I need to put the unworking stitches on a circular, less points to jab myself with. But I have to say I'm loving those 5" for doing the fingers... works out much easier than with the 7" that I used last year. Yes, E, if you're reading this, it IS your Christmas present... the knitted finger you see is the trigger fingers. The rest will be made for the convertible glove/mitten part and the left hand will be completely convertible. Hope you like them my dear!

Other news.... the plumbing is fixed (cross fingers please) THe plumber has been to my house 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Twice because of back-up in the toilets and shower in the basement and off-kitchen bathrooms, once to check out the leak inthe bathroom tub that made the dining room cieling start to fall (yes... that's fixed now too thank you very much... should have taken a picture when the hole was still there!) and once to put a camera down the main to check to see if there were any problems that could be related to the first and third visits.... He's a nice man, but I hope I don't see him again for quite some time.

ON the LIzard Ridge front, I finished square #2. I was going to frog it, because I wasn't sure I liked all the greens together. But now that it's finished, it's growing on me.... I like how it's almost symmetrical
I almost have enough skeins of Noro to complete this project now :-) All I need is the time LOL

I've been spending way too much time on ravelry, just trying to get my stuff up. I started taking new pictures of the stash, because of the way that whole area is set up. What a great website... have I told you that I love it there?

DD and I went to Michael's to get ribbons that I needed for school on Sat. Serendipitously they were on sale :-) so I had to use my 40% off coupon from ACMoore for something else. I bought Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge. THey didn't have much of a selection and that book has been on my list for quite some time. I also bought a skein of Bernat bamboo yarn (also on sale) to try out.

I volunteered for the crisis committee for our teacher's union. I hope that it is time spent that we really don't need....


And last but not least, my periodic insomnia kept me up last night... at least I worked on this:

4 comments:

Tigerduck said...

I really feel with you - we've had the plumber here for 'emergency' drain clearing UNDER the kitchen floor last week, and this week he is back with a colleague to install a shower... joys all week... I hope you won't have to see your friendly plumber for a while.

g-girl said...

fingers crossed that this is the last you'll be seeing of the plumber for a while! love how the lizard ridge is coming along!

hakucho said...

I love the lizard ridge pattern...must give it a try ...someday :)

happy knitting :)

Chele said...

Wow, you have knitted many beautiful things. The Lizard Ridge square is gorgeous. keep up the good work!