Thursday, September 06, 2007

patience...

wish I had some. I think mine is all spent between my kids at school and my kids at home, that there isn't any left for tedious projects of my own. Like figuring out what the heck I did to make this:


Pattern: my own invention
Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Cream
Color: Pumpkin (how appropriate, no?)
Needles: US6 (I used my KPOs... should have used bamboo)


So I made it up as I knitted and since much of that time was while I was holding the door open for the cherubs at the school I work at, or while watching a movie with DH.. I didn't write it down as I went and I'm either too lazy or just don't have the patience to figure it out now...... I thought I would, but I don't I tried twice and frankly, I'm not that interested! Maybe the mood will hit me before I mail it out, but I kind of doubt it. Of course, I could just keep this one and mail out another cloth that I have to her. hehe I just finished it tonight. Now to finish the food item.... I want to mail it all out on Saturday so I can get back to the regularly scheduled knitting and life! Do you think it's worth the time to sit down and count the knits and purls so I can replicate it? or should I just make it up again later?

Two meet the teacher nights this week... UGH... I drove 80 minutes and sat in my room for another 80 for 5 parents to visit on Tuesday and 3 to visit on Wednesday. I ask you, is it truly worth it? Not to mention the havoc it wreaked on my family Tuesday evening....

DD has been complaining of headaches but only at school... is it a ply to get out of class or is there really a problem?
DS1 is worried that he's going to 'get in trouble' His teacher says he's doing great....
My kids want me to homeschool them and I so wish I could. I think they have the fantasy that it would be all play though... and lots of TV and movies.. They'd probably want to go back to their regular school after a day with me as their teacher.

We started listening to Holst's The Planets today. He's my composer of the month since his birthday is the 21st. What an incredible composition. I can't decide which is my favorite movement... although I'm leaning toward Jupiter. The diversity of that movement sets my imagination soaring. Venus is my sleepy time music.. I should play that before I go to bed every night. Just so beautiful..... Thank God for music!

8 comments:

Becky G said...

I like the cloth. Maybe it would be easier to write the pattern down if you charted it.

hakucho said...

Nice pumpkin cloth!

happy knitting :)

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

IT'S THE GREAAAAAAAAAAAT PUMPKIN! GREAAAAAAAAAAAAT JOB!

DawnK said...

Cute cloths! I love the pumpkin, but agree with you, that counting the knits and purls would by putzy!

I love Gustav Holst, too! I was in a drum and bugle corps, when I was middle-school aged and one year we played a medley from The Planets and the last year I was in it, we played Suite for Military Band No. 1 in E-Flat Major. I mostly knew it as Russian Sailor's Dance, though. My daughter's city band played it last summer and now I have it on my iTunes! I should really get my planets cd and rip that one, too! We actually have 2, but there's one I like a LOT better than the other!

JoanK said...

Hi Carole - Jupiter is definitely my all-time favourite, too ... I also like Neptune, which is so different from Jupiter. If I want to write letters, pray/meditate, etc., I love having The Planets playing. No words, so no interference with creativity! I have a CD with Holst plus Elgar's Variations.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the pumpkin dishcloth/washcloth!!! You did a great job on it....can't wait to get the pattern when you have time...not rushing you..I understand about the stress times...Mary V.

g-girl said...

love the pumpkin cloth! Very cool! :)Hmm..maybe there's something up in DD's class, hence the reason for all her headaches. As for DS1--maybe he's done something? Who knows. Sorry to hear about the meager turnout of parents. Our Back to School Night is the night of the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkin cloth!!!!!! I'm rooting for you to do another and write it down.