Monday, November 26, 2007

Winging it!

It's the last day of the Thanksgiving holiday vacation and what a rainy one it is!

Yesterday, on the way home from church I stopped to call Marilyn from Rocky Top Farm in Ottsville and we met for me to pick up Shasta's fleece. 7 pounds of white Romney/BFL/BL mix; 7 inch staple and micron count of 31, pretty nice :-) it's washing up nicely, but will take me a while to complete.

I also felted the squatty sidekick. It's really cute. Now to get the lining finished. I'm afraid the button I inteneded for it's use isn't large enough. I'll use one of the plastic funky ones instead.

I made yummo Squash soup for lunch. I devised the recipe as I went.


Peel and dice longneck (butternut) squash meat. Boil until soft. Mash until smooth.
Combine:

  • 3 cups of mashed squash
  • 1 cup vegetarian vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1/2 cup thinly diced carrots (I cut baby ones)
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • dash of cinnamon


Stir everything and place over medium heat until carrots are tender and everything is heated through. Serve with crusty bread or pita chips.

You can vary it by adding other veggies or (potatoes would be great) and/or shredded cheese (yum) Have fun making it your own!

I also finally chose a stitch pattern for my neice's keyhole scarf. Appropriately it's Dec 25 from the 365 stitches a year perpetual calendar.... I'll be winging this as well. Could be my motto for the day!

No comments: