Monday, February 02, 2009

today is a great day for..

organizing! I don't know why, but I got this urge to clean and organize my pantry in the kitchen. When I was at the grocery store, I bought these fabric boxes and bins and was anxious to put them to use. The large bin was for the kids snacks in the pantry. I wanted to keep them out of MY way so I would be less tempted to eat them. While I was doing that, I figured why not organize the pantry to see what we have...

LOTS of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish (I can go a couple of weeks without buying any and my kid devour them.
TOO MANY boxes of Macaroni and Cheese (enough for a month or more, not every night mind you... but think Sam's Club quantity)
TEA flavors that I should be drinking!
Plenty of flour (all sorts, wheat, white, organic, soy, spelt.... you get the picture)
Powder your body with powdered sugar
NUTS (which I'm nuts about... and are all on my new diet :-) )

At any rate, it's really beautiful now and I know where everything is. And can easily keep away from the crackers and chips and cookies and pudding and well you get the picture.

There's more boxes to hit the coat closet... I'll save that for later tonight!


OH this should be dated yesterday, I wrote it in text edit and forgot to post it.. if you're reading this, you've probably read the previous post and already know why!

1 comment:

yoel said...

Yay for organizing! I always feel so clean and refreshed. I recently discovered The Perfect Pantry, a blog about pantries, and it is absolutely sick how nice other people's pantries are!