Thursday, January 31, 2008

the 2nd is finished


heart that is.. at least the knitting. The felting will commence Thursday evening (yes that would be later today as it is about 3:30 am here in the eastern portion of the US) I cast on tonight and kept knitting to finish as I listened to the latest episode (#60) of Cast On with Brenda Dayne, only to discover that it will be another month until I get to hear the next. I totally understand and support where she's coming from and her podcasts are so worth the wait. I'll listen to Sticks and Strings between and catch up on some episodes there as well as Lime and Violet that I've been hearing good things about.

For Christmas I got DH an adapter for the iPod in the car. It picks up an FM frequency that isn't being used and plays your iPod through that frequency. It works OK in the car that we both use for me to and from work, but for long journeys (like DH when he has to go to his church job) or to my parents the amount of FM stations in use is unbelievable so it can become cumbersome... I perservere but I think he doesn't have the patience. At any rate, I've been listening to KnitPicks podcasts on the way home from work if the NPR stories don't interest me. It's about the right lenght to allow for some channel searching mid-trip and the podcast is OK.

I really need to go to bed now so that I can get about 3 hours sleep before starting my day (with all those little kids!)

Good day and happy crafting

No comments: