Sunday, October 04, 2009

"fall"-ing behind

With the beginning of school for me, DH and the kids, I've fallen far behind on blogging and setting up the etsy store.... There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

My weight has plateaued since June.... but my clothing is fitting differently... and I've needed to buy some smaller sizes :-) and have revisited pre-kid clothing, so I guess it's all good.... I'd still like to drop another 10 though.

The Way wedding afghan is complete! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Pattern: a compilation from Barbara Walker's Learn to Knit Afghan squares 4, 5(2 so leaning 2 ways), 6, 7, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 38, 39, 40, 46, 48
Knitting Simple's Carla's Blanket squares 4 & 26
Square of the month
Hugs and Kisses
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease approx. 30 skeins
Color: 99 FIsherman
Needle Size: US8
Recipient: Jesse and Christina Way

I decided on an attached i-cord border to make things look a bit more finished. Happy to report it only used half a skein... was expecting to need more.

DS, the younger, had a birthday on Friday. He took cupcakes to daycare... and after we were all home from our running Friday night we had cake. All of us were so tired that we were asleep by 9 PM.....



Sat we went pumpkin picking...... unfortunately we got there not too soon before they closed....I'll post pictures of the decorated pumpkins later.

If anyone has a secret to an energy boost.... please give it in the comments... I need one badly.

3 comments:

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

Tell your little one Happy Birthday for us. Can't wait to see you all again in a few weeks. It is crazy how fast that time went by. My blog changed slightly I don't know why it does. But it is http://web.me.com/bottfamily/Bottfamily with nothing else after it. See you in a few weeks hopefully.

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

such a beautiful afghan!

g-girl said...

oh my gosh, you finished it?? and I missed it?? I had been waiting all this time to see the finished afghan and I nearly missed it's debut. it is absolutely stunning. hope they love it and use it often! congrats on being able to revisit pre-kid clothing! :)