Friday, October 16, 2009

what season?

the end for baseball
technically fall
feels like winter

Yesterday it snowed all day while I was at work. Here at home it was raining with some snow mixed in. BRRRRRRRRRR
Perfect for knitting.
DD's girl scout troop had a field trip to theLehigh Valley Amateur Astronomer's Society to see their equipment and have a planetarium show. As much as I want to see all those constellations, I just don't get it. I must have NO imagination.
I'm exhausted... don't ask me why cuz I have no clue. But all I want to do is sleep
I've knit 3 cowls this week.


Pattern: Birthday Cowl by Nova Seals
Yarn: Moda Dea Silk 'n Wool Blend
Color: plum
Needle: US 8 / 5.0 mm

I tried to start this 3 times last year and put it away... this time it flew off the needles


Pattern: Holland Cow by Jenny Raymond and Chris Church
Yarn: Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweed
Color: Deep Red
Needle: US 10



Pattern: Cherry Garcia by Adrian Bizilla
Yarn: Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweed
Color: Biscuit
Needle: US11


The above are both free ravelry downloads. If you don't belong to ravelry, you should it's free and AWESOME!

I have another in mind. And I've been working on a reverse log cabin blanket during bus duty from acrylic stash that was donated to the cause this summer. This will go to Linus project. I started it thinking I'd make a blanket from long strips instead of 'squares' but then found a ton of the same yarn as well as coordinating yarns so I used one skein for a side... and then started the large square... kind of making it up as I go. Should be interesting......

I've been spinning chiengora... from a friend's dog... .it's so soft... unbelievable....

oh and GO PHILS!

1 comment:

g-girl said...

the cowls look great, particularly the cherry garcia--did you lengthen it? there are TONS more free cowl patterns too! i must not have any imagination either because i can't see the constellations either!! :(