Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Yesterday 12 students came for PSSA knitting activity. 2 had knit with me last year. One I started to teach to purl but today she fell back into knitting (she had left her original at home). It's a great group of kids... they learned to use a knit cast on yesterday which took a long time for them to put on 28 stitches... and today they started to take off. We had 90 minutes to knit and I'm so proud of them!

on a more serious note, the board meeting is tonight. I wish I could be there, but it's time to put own children before my school children.

one of the subs at school brought in 2 sweaters for me. One is Peruvian colorwork and so beautiful... I hate to frog it... but I know this wool doesn't felt well (I've tried with a different sweater) the other is a bulky aran knit with really neat buttons that remind me of coconut shell.... I'll frog that one. It seems to be hand knit... what a shame, someone obviously spent a long time knitting it.....

Didn't do 10 on tuesday today cuz I didn't have the energy to find 10 songs I hated.

here's to a happy tmrw!

No comments: