Monday, March 16, 2009

not whining

but I'm worn out... school has done that to me. The drama and stupidity of the board of education and administrators not really thinking about the ramifications of decisions they are choosing to make and how those decisions will affect lives, in so many varied ways makes me sad, frustrated and yes feel physically ill.

tomorrow PSSAs begin and with that a new crop of knitters. I have some returnees who will be learning to purl so that we can add some variety to our blankets. We'll donate to Linus Project again this year... it's nice for kids to be making things for other kids.

My colleague sent me a copy of an excerpt from a welcome address given to parents of incoming students at The Boston Conservatory on September 1, 2004, by Dr. Karl Paulnack, Director of the Music Division. And rather print it here, you can click here if you care to read it. It is truly deep, inspirational and moving. Dr. Paulnack graduated from William Allen High School, in Allentown PA, not far from my home. Many of my friends went to school with him. This address doesn't just speak to music, it's really insightful to life... thanks Tommy for the mail.

On another knitterly note, I have 2 squares for the Way blanket finished. I'll use these patterns for my new purlers as well. I've been so consumed with the department news that I am afraid my knitting class will suffer...

i leave you with heavy heart.. perhaps I'll have pictures later in the week to post. I'll remember the camera to take pictures of my cherubs knitting.

I also have a tutorial to post about making your own knitting needles.
so much to do and so little time/energy right now.

peace friends...

1 comment:

missliz said...

Sorry to hear you are down. Politics can do that to a person. Government, school, even church. I tell my children often, that it takes all kinds to make the world go round. However, life would be easy if everyone would just agree with me! Hope spring puts a lift in your step. Good day! Liz