Saturday, March 21, 2009

some saturday

we got up (OK... 3 of us slept in the living room last night) got ready for gymnastics... DS2's class went to lunch and then on to the DaVinci center for brain awareness week!

After that we stopped at Salvation Army and I picked up 8 sweaters... 7 to frog and the last to felt at least the front and perhaps frog the sleeves and back.

I'm frogging the aran sweater. It's been a real pain to undo the neckband from the body. But I have the side with the buttonholes about frogged. This sweater is really beautifully knit.. a shame to frog, but the yanr will be gorgeous when its washed and dyed. and I love the buttons...

I finished another square for the lizard ridge and am on square #3 for the Way afghan. Also knitted some more rectangles for the blankies for Linus Project. I've done 2 in chenille so that there is a soft cuddly corner to love on the blanket.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my dad's death. I think of him every day. He's probably cursing about the whole bail out issue and especially AIG....

happy crafting!

2 comments:

g-girl said...

goodness. has it already been a year since your dad passed away?? time sure went by quickly

hakucho said...

You always amaze me with your sweater recycling...one of these days I should give it a try...

Hard to believe a whole year has gone by so fast. It's been 9 years since I lost my mother. Wish I could say it gets easier. Thinking of our special loved ones every day keeps them alive in spirit so I guess that's a good thing :)
hugs