Sunday, September 28, 2008

now this I like!

I'm a Mercedes SLK!



You appreciate the finer things in life. You have a split personality - wild or conservative, depending on your mood. Wherever you go, you like to travel first class. Luxury, style, and fun - who could ask for more?


Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.



Yesterday I stopped at 2 thrift stores looking for 100% cotton sheets to tie dye and make curtains for my room in the new school so I wouldn't have to look into the messy storage area the custodians have... no luck. Only found cotton/poly blends which don't dye so well. I'll keep my eyes open. But I did find a men's L American Eagle Outfitter sweater in a dark terra cotta tweed that was cable knit. It was marked 4.99 but the tag was the color of the day so it was 50% off. I frogged it and got 1365 yards of sportweight yarn that is 80% lambswool and 20% nylon for $2.50! I think it will make great felted pumpkins and may mix it with a bit of orange (I'll ply them together) from my stash. The color kinds of reminds me a lot of Peace Fleece's Sheplova Mushroom

I'm 2/3 of the way through wild stripes. If I had knitted instead of harvesting yesterday I may have been finished. Just needed a break from all that stockinette.

It's pouring rain today. I was going to work in the garden. Should have done that yesterday I guess. Oh well

1 comment:

g-girl said...

pouring rain??? sorry. :P hmm...that mercedes sounds like me too!