Sunday, June 13, 2010

summer, ah!

We're all off from school now. Swim lessons start tmrw. Kids finished Friday. I was done Tuesday. I'm forgetting all about the place. I still have no clue where I'll be come Aug 24 so I really am not going to waste any of my summer planning... phhhhhhhhhhhbbbbbbt!






I've been spinning up a storm... did some sheep and cheingora, reclaiming wool from sweaters, knitting and trying to finish off a project or two. This is the latest accomplishment. All the lizard ridge squares are now blocked and I've begun to sew them into strips.. I hope to have the blanket assembled by next week, so I can work on the border. If it's complete in time, I *may* enter it in the Allentown fair... we'll see.

I've started a clapotis for an unnamed recipient.

And we had guests for dinner last night. I made this yummo Rachel Ray recipe with lemon pesto on penne with asparagus, zuchinni and french green beans. Very fresh and summery. Finished the meal with homemade tiramisu. There were other yummies to munch on as well, but you get the drift! I sent the lady of the evening home with my cloth experiment:


Yarn: Elmore Pisgah cotton
Color: Potpourri
Pattern: my own unvention
Needle: US7
Recipient: Boksans

Here's the pattern as I remember:
CO 45
K 1 row
k2, [knit 3 pass first knit stitch over other 2, YO] repeat to last stitch K1
purl
k1 [knit 3 pass first knit stitch over other 2, YO] repeat to last stitch K2
purl
bind off when length desired is reached.
Not terribly exciting
Use it if you'd like for whatever but please don't call it your own. You can link back here although I'm sure I didn't make up the stitch myself... It's unvented

3 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the start of summer and are being productive, too! I like the look of your blog!

ColorSlut said...

I don't have your email address. I'm ducatirocketgirl at yahoo dot com. Drop me a note. Crochet is so easy (way more easy than knitting). I'm going to use this massive granny square pattern to destash a bunch!

g-girl said...

oh I can't wait to see your lizard ridge all seamed together!!! nice cloth. :) reminds me a bit of the DW cloth. you'll find out soon enough where you'll be for the school year. it's time to enjoy, relax, and knit! :)