Wednesday, March 24, 2010

yikes


I think it's been 10 months since I've been sick... I remember now I hate it. I broke down and took the day off from work today. Slept in and have been dozing off and on the rest of the time. The low-grade fever is finally gone after 5 days and now it feels like a croupy cold..blech.

On the knitting front, I finished a second cloth for my exchange on Saturday
Pattern: Springing up Flowers by Kris
I think you can find it on ravelry too
Yarn: Peaches and Cream
Color: mint green
Needle: US3
Recipient: it's a secret


My 1st cousin once removed just had a baby boy.. what should I make??

Still working on wedding shower gifts too. Saturday, I'm actually singing! Helping with a Good Friday recording. Hope the voice is back to 100% by then.

3 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Oh I'm so sorry you're not well. It's a yucky virus. My son did not have the fever but woke up one day with the croupy cough. Yuk. Rest is your best medicine - and knitting if you can stand it! I love your dishcloth - so springy!

Oh, little boys....I made Baby Albert (it's in my Ravelry) for a little boy. Another sweater I made for a boy was plain cream cotton with baseball buttons. Another was also a raglan made with a denim Bernat yarn, I think - an acrylic really, but denimy colors - all of those are in my Rav. I love making a top down raglan - so fast! I have Sweater Wizard so I just knit a gauge and plug my #s in. There are some free raglan generators on the web. I usually start with a garter collar and then go into the raglan. Good luck with your recording. That sounds like an exciting venture!

g-girl said...

oh no..sorry to hear you're sick. :P good for you for taking the day off. no reason to be at school while you're sick. um...i don't have any suggestions for a baby sweater for a boy. sorry! i'm sure whatever you pick will be fab. :) it always is! hope you feel better soon.

lesley said...

hi carole
sorry to hear you,re not well, hope you get better soon
the - baby yoda sweater- is fantastic for a boy, it is so quick to make. let me know if you can,t find it and i,ll send you the link
lesley :-)
xxxxxx