Wednesday, October 22, 2008

still alive

I've been busy finishing Wild Stripes. The knitting is done. I've wrestled with the backing for a couple of days now.. I think it's high time I follow the pattern instructions. Step one is to block the correct size. I'm really sick of this blanket and can't wait to get it out of the house!

I've also been harvesting yarn from thrift store finds like crazy. I think I've finished 5 sweaters. So there's plenty of yarn to knit from.

The last thing I've been doing is contemplating Christmas gifts. I want to devote most of my knitting time to DH's vest knit with my handspun. So I have some other ideas for gifts up my sleeve that I hope will be well received. I know I'd love it if someone gave this gift to me. Then after the holiday I'll finish the BSJ that's been hanging around and see if there's enough wool for the poncho (I can't believe I may have messed up my calculations on that one) And of course there are socks to be knit!

On Saturday we took all 3 kids plus 2 more to the pumpkin patch. We have more pumpkins that I care to think about. But I did get one gourd that was already dried (from last season I guess) that I want to knit a beaded cover for to make it an axatse. I figure, it's a relatively cheap way to get a cool instrument and the kids at school will be so itrigued if I take it there to do the work.

I have no pictures to put in because those from the weekend aren't uploaded yet.

I'm really tired these days. Tired and weary and just plum empty. Hope I get some kind of mojo rejuvenation soon!

1 comment:

g-girl said...

i'm feeling that same tiredness and weariness...must be our bodies getting ready for the time change! can't wait to see your wild stripes! :) good luck with your holiday knitting