Thursday, August 04, 2011

it's official

i managed to spin over 2 Kilos of yarn during July... 2020g to be exact. I finished the BFL/BL fleece (the never ending brown fleece) and swatched to see what kind of vest I can make for DH. Using US8 needle I get 16 stitches x 23 rows for a 4x4 square.

Smaller needles gives a fabric that is too dense. (trust me I've knitted 1/4 vest on 5's and 6's... and ripped out both)

I'm almost finished the first recycled cashmere sweater blanket... couple of things to do yet, but it's pretty nice If I do say so myself. Grays, black and a touch of grey, white and red argyle. Needless to say, it's super soft.. trimming it with black blanket binding
Here's a sneak preview:


There's still some work to do, but it's looking pretty good.

OK... gonna grab a banana and be off to bed. I've been a little under the weather lately.

3 comments:

g-girl said...

that looks gorgeous!

hakucho said...

Somebody's going to be VERY warm this winter!

Jane said...

I love how the blanket is turning out. I hope you will share how you connected your squares! I have a friend who has been buying and saving cashmere sweaters to do such a thing and we've discussed ways to sew them together.